The charity aims to improve the healthcare service given to patients at the hospitals of Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust through clinical research and healthcare studies. The impact of charity funded projects can be felt from the departments within each hospital through to the community in which each of the hospitals serve. Thanks to dedicated members of staff and funding from the charity, we have been able to:
- Help save even more lives at St Mary's Major Trauma Centre by purchasing new equipment with money raised through our £1million Major Trauma Centre Appeal.
- Renovate and expand the existing birth centre at Queen Charlotte's & Chelsea Hospital through our £500,000 Birth Centre Appeal.
- Help young victims of violent attacks by co-funding the youth violence intervention project at St Mary's Hospital.
- Provide a safe space for Trust staff to reflect on the emotional aspects of their work by funding sessions known as Schwartz Rounds.
- Help improve care and support for patients with dementia by funding renovations in Witherow Ward at St Mary's.
- Set up Staff Arts Club, which gives all Trust staff the opportunity to visit exhibitions at London galleries for free.
- Help train midwives to identify and support women living with domestic violence during pregnancy.
- Improve the attendance rates of breast screening services in North West London by 7% through simple text message reminders.
- Fund 25 talented members of staff to pursue careers in clinical research.
You can download the most current edition of our achievements report here.
You can also find out more about the types of projects we are funding here.