How your money supports children at the trust
Your donation to the Children's Appeal can go towards specific projects or help with the general day to day services we provide for some of the sickest children and young people in London and the UK. These services include:
Paediatric A&E which operates a 24/7 emergency service for children and young people offering the best possible care under crisis circumstances.
- Our Specialist Paediatric Team provides all round support, reassuring parents that their child's wellbeing is in the best possible hands.
The Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) provides care for children who need particularly critical attention.
- Our Academic Child Health Department gives children and young people access to the very latest treatments and the opportunity, where appropriate, to take part in clinical trials of new treatments.
- A huge range of services that allow us to cater for the individual needs of the child providing holistic, all round care such as Specialist Nurses and a dedicated Paediatric Short Stay Unit (PSSU).
Donations may be used for
- Equipment used in the care of critically ill children
- Research into new treatments and methods of care
- Development of new care services or facilities
- Redevelopment and modernisation of existing facilities
- Patient & Family Support to reduce the burden of a hospital visit.
- Staffing our specialist units 24/7 to ensure the best possible level of care for children and young people.
Our children's services are supported by specialist services such as a 24/7 consultant anaesthetic service; specialist surgeons; radiologists; laboratories; therapists, dieticians, pharmacists and transition to adult services. The teams focus their efforts on optimising the management of acute paediatric problems (such as infections, allergies, asthma, and sickle cell crises), preventive care pathways to keep children well and out of hospital, as well as clinical pathways to manage severe manifestations of disease.
Large donations from companies, trusts and individuals allows us to develop new techniques and services through cutting edge research for the benefit of all the children, young people and parents we serve. For more information about supporting the Children's Appeal and Paediatric services at any level, please contact the charity on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 312 2205.